Muxe Inc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndyRay

Feature request :)

AndyRay    0

Reread file in viewer when user press Ctrl-PgDn, or reread just the end of file, or reread end of file by changefile event when you at the end of file.

hi andy! :)

i always get a headache when i am asked to do VERY special features that only cover a few odd occassions(no matter if working on NDN or any other project) like rereading file only when pressing ctrl-pgdn

the only thing i would agree on after a quick thought about your idea is to reread the file (shift-f3, but maybe it can be done w7o reloqading the whole window etc...) automatically on a change-file event

this would go in the same direction as a change-disk/drive event (we talked about it in another thread), and could maybe be handled by one event handler, which i would prefer to implement (even if this would only work in the W32 version...)

but, i don't know how that would affect NDNs runtime behavior; think of a file that is written 10 times a second, if we reload 10 times a second it could make it impossible to work with NDN

any other opinions?

do we need this?

Stefan / AH

AndyRay    0

Hi.

What if check time from last rereading of file and reread only ones in second?

I think that intellectual way is exist but complex to implement :)

I saw this feature in DN OSP and it was very nice feature. I don't know witche(? i don't remember right word) way it was implement.

I've just tell you about my wishes. You are auther. Do what you think best to do.