Muxe Inc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dandv

Wrong parent dir of found files in archives

dandv    0

1. In the current directory, have subfolders a\b and an archive a\b\arch.zip

2. From the current directory, search for a file in the arch.zip archive, with "Search in archives" checked

3. When NDN finds the file, press Enter on it. You'll be taken inside the ZIP archive

4. Press Enter on the '..' entry in the archive.

5. Instead of taking you to the folder of the archive, with the cursor over the archive, NDN takes you back to the Find: panel

6. If you press Enter over '..' again, you'll be taken to the current directory.

This practically makes finding files in archives impossible (well, you can look at the path of the file in the Find panel, but that's not the point).

Hope (fixing) that helps,

Dan Dascalescu

hi!

the behaviour of changing directories up is consistent throughout whole NDN; you always change to the previous directory or the previous VIRTUAL DRIVE (as long as it is not a physical drive like a DISK, LINK (MODEM) or FTP)

let's say you go to the file into the archive and you want to go back to the find selection because it is not the archive you looked for or you want to check the other results: you would also hit enter on '..' and then?

(assuming NDN would return to the physical location on disk of the archive)

the current structure of this is very well done, and i will not fool around with it; but, i just have seen something that could help you:

you once told me that in PROCESS VFS SHIFT-ENTER doesn't work, this is also true for FIND VFS on an archive file (same behaviour as just enter)

so, i will correct this and then you can work with the archive in the passive window

that should satisfy you maybe? :)

Stefan / AH

dandv    0

Shift+Enter would be great! Indeed, the current approach can be viewed as better than DNOSP's, where if you press Enter on an archive, the Find results are gone.