Muxe Inc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
naX

About bugs and suggestions

naX    0

Hi all!

Bugs (?)

- The clock is lost when is placed in the right of the screen and video mode change to a lower scale.

- File extensions written in Uppercase are showed in ndn in Lowercase

- The path of selected file is not displayed when SHIFT+CTRL+Enter is pushed and quick search is activated with Ctrl.

- In the Viewer, some tabs are not showed.

Suggestions

- Tree View: Begin key to top of the tree and End to bottom. Right to expand and Left to collaps nodes.

- Does exist an option to import the configuration of a previous version of ndn?

- Display the Context Menu in an empty folder showing the <New> option at least.

- In main menu and/or in the editor menu, add the <New file> option with a submenu showing all file extensions added in Syntax Highlight configuration file (.sql, .c, .java, etc) to create a file selecting it from submenu.

- After copy/paste characters, put the cursor at the end of them.

dandv    0
Hi all!

Bugs (?)

- The clock is lost when is placed in the right of the screen and video mode change to a lower scale.

Can't reproduce in 2.30.0024

- File extensions written in Uppercase are showed in ndn in Lowercase
That's controllable from Options -> File Manager -> Column Defaults -> [pick your panel type here, usually Drive] -> [pick your column setup]

- The path of selected file is not displayed when SHIFT+CTRL+Enter is pushed and quick search is activated with Ctrl.
Confirmed. I use to quick search with Alt.

- In the Viewer, some tabs are not showed.
Can you expand on that?

- Does exist an option to import the configuration of a previous version of ndn?
Just copy the NDN.ini and it will probably work. The EXT, EDT, VWR, HGL, MNU, DES, hgroups.ini, archiver.ini will most likely work because they don't contain any bitfields like NDN.INI

- Display the Context Menu in an empty folder showing the <New> option at least.
That sounds like a good idea. I've heard NDN newbies complain that NDN has no right-click context menu. Maybe an option to chose between right click selecting the file and displaying the context menu would be nice. I personally never use right click in NDN and I suspect that most NDN diehards don't use the mouse at all. So I'd even suggest make the right click activate the context menu by default.

- In main menu and/or in the editor menu, add the <New file> option with a submenu showing all file extensions added in Syntax Highlight configuration file (.sql, .c, .java, etc) to create a file selecting it from submenu.

What will be faster? Typing "myfile.sql" or scrolling through 50+ extensions until you find SQL, selecting that, then typing "myfile" anyway?

I don't know about that... I would come counter-intuitive to the way things worked so far in NDN, but on the other hand in Notepad or Word, the cursor gets indeed placed after the inserted text.

Garl    0

options - Configuration -Editor setup - Set cursor to EOB

naX    0
Me - In the Viewer, some tabs are not showed.

Answ - Can you expand on that?

Sure.

In viewer:

if (ip.equals("")) 
{
InetAddress host = InetAddress.getLocalHost();

ip = host.toString(); 
ip = ip.substring(ip.indexOf('/') + 1, ip.length());
}

In Editor:

if (ip.equals(""))
            {
                InetAddress host = InetAddress.getLocalHost();

ip = host.toString(); 
                ip = ip.substring(ip.indexOf('/') + 1, ip.length());
            }

Me - In main menu and/or in the editor menu, add the <New file> option with a submenu showing all file extensions added in Syntax Highlight configuration file (.sql, .c, .java, etc) to create a file selecting it from submenu.

Answ - What will be faster? Typing "myfile.sql" or scrolling through 50+ extensions until you find SQL, selecting that, then typing "myfile" anyway?

You're right :) But, what about the <New file> option (without the submenu)?

An other questions:

- Is it possible that the line numbers column has different background/font color of the normal text?

- I cant disconnect my USB when a pannel is displayed it, why?

Thanks a lot!!

Hello naX!

Thanks for your interest. I have added all interesting information to my todo list.

You mean a new file option that simply creates a file with no content?

No, the color of the numbers is the same as the line, i don't think it would be

very useful to have different colors for line and numbers.

The reason is that if you have a directory open in NDN it is locked and you cannot

remove the drive (data loss). This is no NDN feature but depends on the operating

system.

Bye

Stefan / AH

naX    0

Hello AngelsHolocaust!

You mean a new file option that simply creates a file with no content?

Yes I do. When I write a program and I need to create other one, I have to "Save as" the actual, delete all the content and write the new code. I think it will be more useful, if we can select an option (New file, for example) that can display a window that ask us the new file name and after push "create", the new file sheet appear for write in it.

The reason is that if you have a directory open in NDN it is locked and you cannot

remove the drive (data loss). This is no NDN feature but depends on the operating

system.

I have used a comercial file manager (servant salamander). When I open a directory, I can remove the drive.

Thanks a lot for your answers! :)