Muxe Inc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OArkh

SPF file location

OArkh    0

It seems to me that in earlier versions SPF files were searched not only in NDN direcory but in current directory (and up to root) too.

The feature is very useful in C programming, but I have different paths in projects.

The second problem is a very strange order of search-paths usage relative to their order in SPF file.

I suppose it's reasonable to search the file in first search-path (from 1-st line), than the 2-nd etc...

Right now it seems that all path lines are sorted alphabetically before the search process.

hi!

1)

hm, it does search in current directory, but not in root

i think the behaviour is correct

2)

possible, it shouldn't sort of course

i will look into this

thank you

Stefan / AH

OArkh    0

1)

It doesn't look even in current directory. It looks in NDN direcory only.

As for me I'd prefer that NDN looks in current directory and at least 1 level up.

Regards,

Oleg

PS: We are talking about v2.15.8488/DPMI32, isn't it? ;)

hi again!

i just checked at university with v8835 and it finds files in the current directory

note that the current directory is the directory that is selected in file panel

maybe we should use the path of the currently edited filename with SPF and not the current directory

Stefan / AH

OArkh    0

Hi, Stefan!

i just checked at university with v8835 and it finds files in the current directory

I understand that we are talking about different things.

Yes, Ctrl-Enter finds the file in current directory. If it doesn't exist it tries to use the same file in all directories mentioned in NDN.SPF - correct.

My problem was the fact that there is only one global NDN.SPF in NDN direcory. In other hand search paths are different in projects, so I expected to use local NDN.SPF files, located in current directory and it's parents, that can override global NDN.SPF.

Actually such behaviour we can see in old original DN and Necromancer DN with menu files. (N)DN.MNU was searched in current directory, it's parents and in DN directory (last). But new versions use MNU files in current directory and ignore MNU files in parents.

BTW, when CTRL-ENTER can't find the file stdio.h, it still says "STDIO.C not found". (Wrong extension)

Regards,

Oleg