Muxe Inc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndyRay

Problem with start dir and some others bugs

AndyRay    0

1. Left panel after ndn starts is always c:\Document and Settings\MyUserName. What should I do?

I tryed to save desktop, but it wasn't help. In ndn.exe fileproperties i try to set work dir as a c:\ but it isn't help too.

2. When I change color pallete, screen hasn't done full redraw, frames at the edges haven't redraw.

3. When I push Alt-F6, background color is the same in different color schems (I think that it is default pallete color).

4. Does some hotkey exist for show/hide tab-, 0x0D-, 0x0A- chars in editor/viewer? Maybe it is good idea to make view as a table. For example: I have some data that are rows with cells that separate by tabs or spaces, but have differen length. In this case the best way to view this data is using something like MS Excel, but this way isn't convenient.

5. In my configuration there are 31 char in one colomn in file panel and 23 in archive panel. Some time (I can't stable reproduce it) when I change archive mode to file-panel mode (by Alt-F1 or Alt-F2) amount of chars in colomn don't change.

6. Try to change ftp-server to another (change all lines in FTP Host Setup window) and then in file-panel mode push Gray+. There is line that looks like ftp://user:passs@host:port/dir in File Mask string.

How can I turn in ftp-server mode by hot-keys? (something like Alt-F1 and chosing line "FTP")

Thanks in advance.

hi!

1. hm, usually this shouldn't happen! make sure that the 3 following options in OPTIONS -> CONFIGURATION -> STARTUP/SHUTDOWN are enabled:

Autosave Desktop

Restore Prev. Directory

Preserve Directory

2. yes, already on the todo list

3. you mean ALT-F5? i am not sure what you mean

usually you should see the DOS screen

4. only in viewer: text mode -> CTRL-F10 (Show All)

5. the column-size-handling is not 100% stable

needs to be rewritten/improved

6. there's nothing like that yet

Stefan / AH

dandv    0

1. Make sure none of the files in the NDN dir is read-only.

6. You mean you want to go the the FTP panel from the Alt+F1 list?

Check "Alt-F1/F2: Show QuickDirs" in Options -> File Manager -> Setup

AndyRay    0
1. hm, usually this shouldn't happen! make sure that the 3 following options in OPTIONS -> CONFIGURATION -> STARTUP/SHUTDOWN are enabled:

Autosave Desktop

Restore Prev. Directory

Preserve Directory

I want that my ndn start always from the same dir's (right panel c:\ and left panel f:\). Therefore all items are unchecked.

3. you mean ALT-F5? i am not sure what you mean

usually you should see the DOS screen

I have meant Alt-F6 - rename. gray background (in all color schems) under filename is this bug or feature?

1)go to ftp panel

2)push F4 on first ftp server (by the way: why ftp.microsoft.com have color like *.com file?)

3)do some chages in URL and apply it

4)go to file mode in this panel

5)push gray+ (select file by extension)

6)ftp.microsoft.com is in file mask string

hi!!

1. ok, tested it and hope itll work for you:

- turn off AutoSave Desktop and Restore Prev. Dir

- turn on Preserve Directory

- save desktop on C:\ and F:\

now it should be saved

3. the dialog window does change it's color depending on the color scheme. or do you mean the shadow under the window?

6. indeed, thanks

Stefan / AH