Muxe Inc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndyRay

Some bug with copying file

AndyRay    0

I want to copy file form

e:\xxxxxx\eMule\incoming\"Visual Studio 2005 - CTP February 05 - English Dvd.iso" to another place. Press f5 and see copy-window less than 1 sec. And nothing happend. Size of this file is 3.5 Gb.

Else one bug: when I am copying few files, copy-window show me at start: "Overal Progress: n of n files". But this is an error - Overal progress at start is 0 of n files. Is this just bug in resourses translation (or even creation), or it is bug in code?

Wishs:

1. It will be very greatful if Ndn could see samba shares like Far. Now Ndn could seeing only samba resourses like \\smb_share\smb_res.

2. Reaction on winmenu key on keyborad

3. Ndn can't work in 125*34 chars resolution, but Dn/2 could. Is it my false or it is limitation of some internal limits?

Thanks.

Garl    0
Else one bug: when I am copying few files, copy-window show me at start: "Overal Progress: n of n files". But this is an error - Overal progress at start is 0 of n files. Is this just bug in resourses translation (or even creation), or it is bug in code?

do you use Russian Language files?

3. Ndn can't work in 125*34 chars resolution, but Dn/2 could. Is it my false or it is limitation of some internal limits?

Shift-F12 , Ctrl-Ins , -> 125x34 -> Enter -> F2

and all OK!

Test with D32+Win98

AndyRay    0
do you use Russian Language files?

Yes. On russian: "Âñåãî ñêîïèðîâàíî: N èç N" at start. I think that it is wrong phrase too. I think that "Îñòàëîñü ñêîïèðîâàòü: N èç N" will be more proper. Translate is very accurately. And both english and russian meaning is the same, but both aren't correct (in my opinion).

Shift-F12 , Ctrl-Ins , -> 125x34 -> Enter -> F2

and all OK!

Thanks. It is work! Before, I was using F10->Options->Configuration->System Setup (Screen mode1 and screen mode 2). Ctrl-F10 said me that 125*38 mode is not supported! ;)

Hi Andy!

e:\xxxxxx\eMule\incoming\"Visual Studio 2005 - CTP February 05 - English Dvd.iso" -> is an invalid filename

the "" needs to be at the very beginning and the end of the string, not inside it

hm, you are right

it says PROGRESS but it counts the files that are left to copy

i have to rewrite this soon anyway

so this should be corrected too

i will look into samba, but i don't have one installed to test it

Stefan / AH

AndyRay    0

Of course there is no "". They appear after Ctrl-Ins on file and Shift-Ins in message body :)

I just push F5 on file with this name and nothing happend. Could you create file with the same size and name, maybe it is a problem with overflow some variables (but 3.5 Gb less than 2^32-1 bytes, and my prediction maybe wrong)?

My OS is Win XP Sp2.

hi andy!

i forgot the old VP problem of the 2GB limit of filesizes...

so, your prediction is correct

i have already implemented/enabled the large file support in the VP RTL, but it didnt't work correctly and i didn't have the time to work on it

(that will enable 64-bit filesizes)

this will now be one of my higher priority goals for this year

Stefan / AH

Zaimskih    0
hi andy!

i forgot the old VP problem of the 2GB limit of filesizes...

so, your prediction is correct

i have already implemented/enabled the large file support in the VP RTL, but it didnt't work correctly and i didn't have the time to work on it

(that will enable 64-bit filesizes)

this will now be one of my higher priority goals for this year

Stefan / AH

NDN v2.31.0954/WIN32 DON'T copy large file (>2Gb)

Hi!

Thank you for reminding me. ;)

But seriously, large file support, new copy code and plugins are the 3 big plans for the

remaining 7 months of 2008. I just cannot promise anything.

The past 2 weeks I went on holidays and I hardly worked on NDN in this tim.

I plan a new release this weekend, almost 2 months without any release in total.

So, please be patient, I am doing my best. :)

All the best,

Stefan / AH

dandv    0

Hi AH,

I can't test right now if this works in 2.31.1909. Any updates on NDN large file support for copying files over 2GB? After all, it's 2008 :)

Dan