Muxe Inc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AngelsHolocaust

Creating Archives...

hi everyone

if you create an archive it is alwas created in the current directory

does anyone mind me adding the path of the passive file panel to the target archive name? the archive will then be created in the passive panel

Stefan / AH

dandv    0
hi everyone

if you create an archive it is alwas created in the current directory

does anyone mind me adding the path of the passive file panel to the target archive name? the archive will then be created in the passive panel

Stefan / AH

Almost all the time, I create archives in the same directory as the files from which I make up the archive, while the passive panel displays a totally different directory.

If one wants to create an archive in the passive panel from files in the active panel, they can simply select the files, press F5 and insert "rar:" or "zip:" or "whatever_archiver:" before the path displayed in the Copy dialog.

Alternatively, they could copy the path of the current directory and paste it in the "Archive files" dialog.

So I'd rather have the archive created in the current directory.

If the majority decides to create it in the passive panel, NDN can highlight only the path from the target archive name (now it highlights the entire ame), so that with a single "Del", the user can delete the path and create the archive in the same directory.

Hope that helps,

Dan Dascalescu

Basil/2    0
does anyone mind me adding the path of the passive file panel to the target archive name?

I think, you should keep current behaviour. As dandv, I create archives in current dir only; and I like automatical archive naming w/o path.

dandv    0

I think, you should keep current behaviour. As dandv, I create archives in current dir only; and I like automatical archive naming w/o path.

This just happened to me today: I had "MakeArc in passive panel" DISabled, so I never worried about where my archives got created.

Then, in the passive panel I had an archive of the original version of an important file.

And in the active panel I had a modified copy of the important file.

I wanted to make a new archive of the modified version, so I pressed Shift+F1.

But NDN set the OTHER panel as the archive destination and my original version got overwritten inside the archive.

So if NDN is to be consistent, please disable Shift+F1 to passive panel if "MakeArc in passive panel" is disabled, even if the passive panel is an archive. After all, if you want to copy a file from the active panel to the passive panel, you can simply press F5, not Sihft+F1.