Muxe Inc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dandv

Tab autocompletion in command line - cool feature

dandv    0

In Win32, autocompletion can be enabling by setting CompletionChar to '9' in

[HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor]

"CompletionChar"="9"

It would be lovely if NDN allowed Tab autocompletion in the Ctrl+O Output window, for:

- files/paths (you can use Ctrl+Enter to drop the file, but only if it's in a panel)

- executables in the PATH (more useful; e.g. I have tools called 'xliffanalysis' and I'd rather not rename them; NDN.EXT is a solution but not flexible enough when it comes to piping/indirection, which the command line allows)

What do you think?

hi!

there's no connection whatsoever with the shell that NDN is started in except when executing a file

i don't know how the name completion should communicate with the shell in this case

but, even if, what about D32 and LNX?

i need to put the code into NDN

with all drawbacks and advantages :P

Stefan / AH

PS: i do read all of the other bug posts

some are fixed already, i simply can't reply to them all :)

dandv    0
there's no connection whatsoever with the shell that NDN is started in except when executing a file

i don't know how the name completion should communicate with the shell in this case

I know there's no connection between NDN and the shell; I was suggesting is that when in the Output window you type

"c:\ut" and press Tab, NDN will fill in "c:\utils\". Now you add 'p' and you get "c:\utils\p". Each time you press Tab again, it will fill in the files in c:\utils\ starting with 'p': c:\utils\pkunzip.exe etc.

Support for executables in the PATH might be more difficult to do. I.e. if c:\utils\ is in the PATH, NDN could autocomplete "pkunzip" when you type 'p', Tab.