Muxe Inc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
aceman

Separate plugins from main code.

aceman    0

My suggestion is to continue in the nice physical separation of phone plugins into separate files. That means, offer to download plugins in a separate file(s). Currently, MN is 3MB in size. But if it becomes 10MB? I personally, don't even look at programs of such size if I find them on the net (e.g. download.com). Even though it's not a problem to take them on floppies :)

Anyway, if we split MN, we get 2 1.5MB files. Maybe splitting into 1.4MB would be even more practical. In any case, we could download plugins without taking whole MN. In this way you could update individual phones more frequently. And you would solve another problem, if you allow to download each plugin separately. Everybody would download only the needed one, and new users wouldn't ask for their plugin. Now, you list all supported phones on the homepage but the files are hidden in the whole package. If each phone will have its own link, it would be easier to spot if a specific phone is supported. Just an idea :)

Guest Mymak   
Guest Mymak

My idea - main program as one file, plugins as separated files, additional languages as separated files too.

Second idea - separate midi files from main file. When I tried install MN on P233MMX, it takes toooooo long time because a couple of midi files.

aceman    0

Yeah, I really forgot midis:) For those whose phones can't use them (like mine) that are hundreds of useless files to download and install (and delete). In if we add pictures when Nokias become supported.... I also have such CPU :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this