Muxe Inc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmp

NDN refresh rate

Guest tmp   
Guest tmp

how to set higher NDN window refresh rate? now in fullscreen is only 70Hz, which make very noticenable for the eyes.

Have TNT2 based video card (don't blame old chip - it has more power for the 2D than needed), using 14.70 detonator drivers (as later don't improve TNT2 performance); Win98SE OS

Suggestions? tweakings? would be very grateful for help

Found programs, which increase dos refresh rate, but display is garbled with Alt+Tab switchings

dandv    0

Hi tmp,

Long time ago when I used DNOSP in Win98SE, I also preferred to keep it in full-screen text mode.

But after a while, I realized that I needed all sorts of information from the Win98 screen (system tray indications from various programs, such as new mail or new message; small floating windows such as Flashget's progress window etc.). This is how I decided that I would better use DNOSP in window mode.

Regardless of your resolution, you can resize the NDN window (check the Font settings) so that it occupies almost the entire screen. This way, you'll also get your usual refresh rate and see the system tray and so on. One small other thing: if you are in a deep directory, NDN will show it as C:\SomeDir\...\LastDir, but in the title bar you will see the full path!

Try window mode :-),

Dan

Hi!

as a little side note:

in the last beta you can open the SCREEN MODE OPTION SCREEN with SHIFT-F12 and press F3

the last mode in the list should now be the maximum possible screenmode for your system

Stefan / AH

Garl    0
in the last beta you can open the SCREEN MODE OPTION SCREEN with SHIFT-F12 and press F3

the last mode in the list should now be the maximum possible screenmode for your system

why i dont know about this?

because NOONE ever reads the news files? :)

this works only for the Win32 version of course

[+] new option in mode setup: reset mode list (reread default/max modes)

[+] W32 NT max possible screen mode in mode list (Shift-F12)

i fear i must do a help update someday

Stefan / AH