Muxe Inc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chm

Weak support for S45i

chm    0

Hi,

I've tried MN 2.01 with my Siemens S45i and I found that there is so many weak places in MN's support forS45i:

- in Phone book with storage memory "Addresses" selected after "refresh" appears strange numbers in column "No." (6 digits). I haven't registered version and it downloads about 77 records from phone even it says that it's able to work only with 20 entries. After "refresh" numbers in column "No." disapears. :huh:

- in Phone book with storage memory "SIM" is limit of 20 entries OK, but after "refresh" numbers in column "No." disapears too.

- in Phone book when modifying entry it creates new entry of same name like old. So you have 2 same in phone :angry:

- in Organizer - first refresh is OK, second tell's about limitation 20 entries and numbers in column "No." disapears again :(

- in Call records there are no details about Call time and no details from Phone book about number. Only Name and Phone number. Strange that column "No." works properly ;)

- SMS is the weakest place of MN. I wasn't able to send any SMS (tried both international and local phone number format). Error sending message was reported. I'm sure I had set correct SMS center and all other settings.

- SMS List didn't show anything. "Refresh" didn't help.

- Services like Call forwarding, Locks or Network looks OK. :huh:

I found that support for S45i is weak and if I compare it with NM 1.03, previous version worked better.

At the end I have question: how you can sell it for $30 ??? Noone buys non-working programs...

P.S.: I tested it on WinXP and Win98...

aceman    0

I have a similarly long list with my ericsson r320. Also new versions broke things that were working till then. Anyway, I still hope it will become better:) And there is progress, some of the submitted bugs are already fixed:)

chm    0

Hmm strange...may be creators should first test and then release...especialy if they wanna to pay for program :|

I heard about MN that it's super soft, and I'm upset that support for some mobiles is only in the docs and not in program. I was decided that I'll buy licence but for what? Program don't support even basic functions of my S45i... :angry: :angry: :angry:

aceman    0

So just don't buy it now:) Wait a while. It is a super soft, or at least has the potential. We just have to wait until it becomes mature. Anyway, it lives only several months, and is actively developed.

Meanwhile, do you know any other program with similar features? If yes, you don't need MN:) If not, just wait and send bug reports:) If they ignore them, then you can be angry:))))

chm    0

Hmmm thanx for consolation ;)

Very good is soft "gammu", know so many things, but it's only command-line.

You're right that there's no reasons to be angry, I'll wait for later versions, may be it'll work.

chm    0

Addition: it's stupid to test something what is restricted (mean shareware version) - and buy full version when it's unusable is blowing many to the wind...

aceman    0

Nobody forces you to buy it:) I also clearly wrote them, that I won't buy it with all these bugs. And the shareware version is restricted only in the numbers (of sms, etc), not in any functionality.

And I will check that "gammu" :)

You have posted your bugs here. Now don't be angry and we will see the reply of the TechSupport guy, when he comes here:)

chm    0

I'll send application logs to support.

But I'll do it tommorow, because I've installed MN on other disk partition and won't reboot now.

By the way, you're optimist when you trust to near solvation of bugs with your phone - I saw your posts in other topic folders and it seems nothing changes... ;)

Guest TechSupport   
Guest TechSupport

Dear Users!

We can fix any bug, but only if you provide us FULL log file, not only a few strings which you think needed for us. If you have any troubles, errors - write in forum and/or write to support@mobnav.com

We are developing our software daily and fixing all errors.

For example we have SonyEricsson T68i and all functions are working good.

But there is another one SonyEricsson T68i where there are a lot of bugs (we didn't know why).

Of course we can't fix error which we can't simulate.

So. Providing FULL log files and all your bugs will be fixed.

Good luck,

Your TechSupport of Mobile Navigator

Muxe Inc.

aceman    0

chm: And you have seen nothing :) My posts in forums started only after MN v2.01. I speak about bugs I reported in v1.03 :lol: And some of them ARE already fixed. But yes, I am an optimist :) Many functions are unusable, but it seems they just need a bit of help (several bits to code), so I am patient:)

techsupport: you know, GUI and other general program problems can't be solved using the log file ;)

But don't worry, we do not criticise you. We just like your nice program:)))

Maybe I should repost my bug reports, maybe they were lost at necromancer :(

chm    0

Today I finaly send log file with screenshots to support.

I hope it helps.

Last fix very helped funtionality of MN, but there are still some problems - sometimes program works, sometimes not :rolleyes: ...and I have to restart it... :blink:

aceman    0

Be happy you don't have to restart the whole computer :P

Anyway, does it mean, the hotfix (or the file mnutil.dll) is not only for sms? Hmm, it is stated in the changelog, but if you say it too... :D Maybe I should follow my feeling of not seeing a blue screen for suspiciously long time:)))) I will investigate it a bit :)

chm    0

Most of bugs were fixed in last fix but there are still some strange behaviours when you have unregistered version - badly interpreted limits, sometimes need of reload list etc.

Good software for free of charge but not for money - even I know it coasts too much time of developers, it's not fully ready to release IMHO ... :unsure:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this