Muxe Inc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phahymn

What if we could expand phone plug-in types!

Guest Phahymn   
Guest Phahymn

If we were able to support Nokia phones (Plug-ins) as well more users will buy r software. y? coz Nokia, SonyEricsson, Ericsson are the phone types most people talk about as said in the ratings. In other words more customers!!!!!!!

Guest TechSupport   
Guest TechSupport

We are planning to support Nokia phones, but at present time we have no tech documentation about protocols using in Nokia.

aceman    0

Yes, but I have seen many programs which work with almost any phone without any plugins. Of couse, they just send sms or make calls. Is it possible that there are standard protocols for these things? I imagine each phone needs a plugin only for more advanced stuff, as retrieving battery charge:) So maybe there could be some generic plugin for things that are possible, all other features could be disabled in it.

Guest TechSupport   
Guest TechSupport

Each mobile phones manufacturer uses different AT commands to manipulate your mobile via PC.

A lot of programs like Mobile Navigator uses original applications from manufacturers and manipulating mobile phone via API.

We do not use any software from manufacturers.

We have two big problems, first - for a lot of mobile phones there are no AT command lists and second - to support mobile phone we should have it for testing purposes for a two weeks (approx).

aceman    0

Yes, but looks like some programs use generic AT codes which work with any phone. I already sent you one. Second, there is a list of all(?) AT codes in one file in the MN directory. They work with my ericsson. Are there phones which don't work with them? Isn't that a list of universal codes?

Anyway, there are free programs which work with nokias (Gnokii, gammu, ... ), maybe you could look at their codes:)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this