Muxe Inc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pluizebol

Siemens C55 & Mobile Navigator v3

Guest pluizebol   
Guest pluizebol

Hello,

I have a Siemens C55 that is connected to my computer via a USB-cable that makes it accessible via com-2.

1. I therefore installed the Siemens USB-Cable driver software DCA-510.

3. Mobile Navigator does not manage to connect to that COM-2 and does consequently not see my C55.

4. Mobile Navigator version 3beta does not support the Siemens C55 yet (?).

My question:

When will I be able to try-out something that works wit my C55?

Please tell me straight forward if I better do not waste my time any longer.

Thanks

Guest TechSupport   
Guest TechSupport

1,2 try to change baudrate for connection and read/write multypliers

3. Yes,it doesn't support it

P.S. c55 has very poor fuctionality in the way of logos-ringtones uploading...That producer's fault..

Guest pluizebol   
Guest pluizebol

Hi,

We (2 of us) only want to synchronize the SIM-phonebook of our mobiles with our Outlook Sub-Contacts.

What are sub-contacts?

We are sharing Outlook, there are two users and 2 mobile phones.

That means that we have under Outlook Contacts a subdivision as follows:

- User 1 contacts

- User 2 contacts

So I am actually asking for very little functionality from your program and from my mobile as well as from Outlook, right?

Why is version 3beta not supporting the C55?

Version 2.01 did support it !

Anyway, I can better hook off right away if your software is not (or will not be) able to take care of com-ports via USB.

Thanks all the same.

Guest TechSupport   
Guest TechSupport

To manage your subcontact? pease follow the way:

Outlook tab>Settings> Choose the standard folder "Contacts" in OUTLOOk CONTACTS area. Then enter the new folder name (User 1 contacts) and folder type (Contacts)in the area "New folder". Press "New folder button". ---So the subcontacts are created. In this new folder you can transfer all your old data and further it will be your contacts. The same way for any other subcontact.

BG101    0

I've had my C55 working with v3.0b - using the S55 plugin - I tried importing the plugins from v2.1 but none of these seem to work with either the C35i or C55.

My "C55" is actually a re-flashed A55 - but this has (except for the external antenna) full C55 functionality, including Java, GPRS, WAV playback etc. & I have patched the FW (v18 - official firmware) to allow access to the hidden menus etc.

I have so far failed to get ANY program to upload anything larger than 1Kb (ringtones) - this is annoying since the C55 doesn't support some of the WAP download formats that the A55 does. The block on data transfer via cable is supposedly patched but I have so far been unable to prove this.

Seems to me that only small modifications to the plugin are needed to get full C55 support!

P.S. Hope the serial number I've ordered works with v2.1 !! I'll use this until the plugins for v3 are available.

Regards

BG

BG101    0

UPDATE - Most functions seem to be working with the C55 (using S55 plugin) !

Software isn't 100% stable though - using Windows ME - sometimes it crashes & pops up loads of error messages. I'll provide full details for debugging purposes when I have time.

Regards

Guest TechSupport   
Guest TechSupport

Thank you for such a profound research! we really appreciate it! we will be very glad to get more details as you mentioned

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this